Making the Move to Mealtime Insulin in Type 2 Diabetes: A Patient-Centered Approach The CARES Initiative
Saturday, August 13, 2022
10:15 AM – 11:15 AM EDT
9:15 AM – 10:15 AM CDT
8:15 AM – 9:15 AM MDT
7:15 AM – 8:15 AM PDT
- Online personalized quality-improvement poster-generation portal
- Downloadable whiteboard animation and case study video
- Insulin in Patients with T2DM
- ADA injectable therapy algorithm
- Consequences of delaying treatment intensification
- Mealtime insulin
- ADA injectable therapy algorithm
- Available formulations
- Patient characteristics that guide the choice of therapy
- Clinical trial data
- Dosing regimens
- Applying TIR, GV, PPG and dosing information to treatment decisions
- CGM as facilitator of metrics beyond A1c
- Relevance of TIR, GV, PPG and dosing information to treatment decisions about MTI
- Overcoming obstacles to MTI use
- Avoiding clinical inertia
- Improving patient/provider communications
- Incorporating patient preferences
- Shared decision making
- Case studies
After completing the CME activity, learners should be better able to:
- Evaluate strategies for facilitating timely treatment intensification in patients with T2DM
- Determine which patients are poised to benefit from the use of mealtime insulin
- Select among mealtime insulin formulations based on their pharmacological profiles and patient needs
- Apply measures such as time in range (TIR), postprandial glucose (PPG), and insulin dosing information to treatment decisions for patients with T2DM
This educational activity is intended for US Primary Care Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, and Diabetes Care and Education Specialists (DCES), with emphasis on those who provide care to underserved communities and who have the greatest needs.
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Med Learning Group designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the live activity.
Nursing Credit Information
Purpose: This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the care of patients with Type 2 Diabetes.
CNE Credits: 1.0 ANCC Contact Hour.
CNE Accreditation Statement: Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional education development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Awarded 1.0 contact hours of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
Disclosure Policy Statement
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
Disclosure Of Unlabeled Use
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are scientifically based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to utilize this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact: Med Learning Group at email@example.com.
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at: http://www.medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Event Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs (ie, physical, dietary, etc.). Please contact Med Learning Group prior to the live event at firstname.lastname@example.org
Release date: August 13, 2022
Expiration date: August 13, 2023
Estimated time to completion: 1 hour